Despite all the efforts made to ensure you get a perfect set of Empowerment Pencils, we don’t have x-ray vision to check the insides. So I did a little research to see if this was something I could offer a solution to.
Turns out there may be a way to repair leads that have been inadvertently broken! Hooray!
So if you find this happening with your Empowerment Pencils or another set of your pencil crayons, try this:
- Line an oven-safe pan with foil or parchment paper.
- Place pencil crayons in pan.
- Put pan in cold over.
- Heat oven to 250°F
- “Bake” for 3-7 minutes, keep an eye on them (softer leads will melt faster).
- Remove pan from oven, let cool.
- Try sharpening them. Repeat if necessary.
Additional hint: when hand sharpening the pencils, turn the sharpener, not the pencil.